Friday, August 16, 2013

Holy @#$% We Are Having A Baby!

Surprise! And when I say surprise, I really mean it.  My little girl is almost one and a half and we recently found out that we will be welcoming Baby #2 in January.

I had been feeling extremely tired and unusually naseous, but there was no way I could be pregnant (or so I thought), but just to be sure I took a test and just as I suspected, it came up negative. Chalked it all up to stress. When my symptoms got worse, I took a second test and a third and a fourth and a fifth...to the point where the check out girl at CVS asked "you know that you have to pee on these, right?"And then suggested I try the digital kind (which I did!). They were all freakin' positive! No way! Impossible! (Riiiight?) --Actually, the chances were 1 in 100 to be exact.

Apparently, there was no form of birth control capable of stopping this baby from being conceived. But we take our blessings when they are given to us and while every baby is a blessing, this little one has "God's plan" written all over it.

...Either that or my husband has the "Michael Phelps" of sperm!

* I am sure not sure who would blush harder at that comparison, my husband or Michael Phelps.

In all seriousness, we know that there are lots of people out there who are struggling to have children and we are very blessed and excited to be having another baby.  His or her big sisters are ecstatic. Well, Olivia is, Emmelyn just stared at the ultrasound screen, eating her cheesy puffs as if she were watching a movie, but she sure looks excited in her picture!



We are all already very much in love with our squirmy little peanut and are thrilled that our family will be growing by two (very little) feet in 2014. 



No comments:

Post a Comment